Friday, March 16, 2012

How to overcome fear of people


A very interesting story that has motivated me all through my bad
times - Once there were few frogs in a well, trying to get out of the
well jumping up and down every now and then. Initially they started
jumping but after a while they stopped after realizing that they were
unable to get out of the well. But there was one frog that kept on
jumping ...................jumping....................jumping.........Rest
of the frogs kept on shouting - "you can't do that, you can never be
out of the well, stop doing that, you are wasting your time and
efforts". They were actually trying to pull him down after getting
exhausted from their attempts. But the frog didn't stopped and kept on
trying. After few hours he came out of the well in spite of every one
else suggesting and shouting against him.......Do you know how that
frog was able to do it? Any guesses? ................Because he was
"DEAF"!! He couldn't hear the voices of the rest of the frogs all the
while he was jumping and this was the reason he came out. In a similar
way we can handle the fear of people by giving them a deaf ear and
being sincere in our efforts.

In the previous article I talked about how fear of people have affected all of us ever since we are born.Suggesting a possible solution to the problem which I have highlighted.I can share some points to get over this fear below.

- Be confident and believe in yourself - this is the single most
powerful tactics to avoid fear of people and even rejections in life
- If some one says that he doesn't like or approve of what you did it
could be just his or her opinion based on his experience in life and
its not necessarily that you should also take it at heart by believing
what he is saying as a hard fact. Do mistakes, don't repeat them and
learn from you mistakes to overcome the fear of people.
- The world (people) will push you here and there not because they
have power but only because you lack confidence.
- Do things on your own and believe in your dreams giving a deaf ear
to what people say or suggest.

I can quote another story which I heard recently.Once there was
Dance Guru who went to a village to teach students. There was a girl
whose name was -Gauri. She thought that she danced well and went to
the Dance guru to take his advice. After she finished dancing, she
asked - "Sir how do you think my dance was? " To which the Dance Guru
said - "I don't think you can ever make it in dance". She got
depressed, dejected and frustrated to the extent that she left dancing
and thought that she can never dance well in life after listening to
the comments of the famous dance guru.The Guru went back to the
city.Meanwhile she got married to a farmer in the village and started
living as a housewife.

15 years later the dance guru again visited the village to attend a
dance programme. By this time Gauri had reached her 40s and again visited him to ask him "Sir, do u
remember, you suggested me 15 years back that I can't dance. It hurted me a lot.That is
why I left dancing.BUT DO U SERIOUSLY THOUGHT that I DANCED SO
BAD and why did you said that?".........

The guru said -"Oh No Gauri, you danced very well." Moreover I am used to saying this to people and its my habit.
Gauri got furious and shouted :- What the hell? That was unfair what you did to me. It demoralised me and you spoiled my life. Or else people in this world might have known me as a god dancer...grrrr!!

############## PAUSE and THINK ###############

Do you think the dance guru did wrong to Gauri by suggesting her not to dance??

Write down your answer....

The dance guru said -"No, dear I don't feel at all that way, had dance been your cup of tea, you wouldn't have gave a damn to what I told you"

Somebody has rightly said that the world will push you here and there ; not because they have power but only because you have lack of discipline.

Lovely story to demonstrate how not to take the fear of people and their statements at heart and follow your dreams and what you want to be in life.

If even a single person can learn from the points and benefit from the stories that I mentioned above my purpose would be solved.

3 comments:

  1. Join Wazzub before its too late...the last date is 9th april

    http://signup.wazzub.info/?lrRef=2c284

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its really motivating!nice article

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fear of being without a cell phone, nomophobia, is becoming a most common phobia now a days..fear of people becoming old now.

    ReplyDelete