Friday, March 23, 2012

Hostel life revisited


** Note : All characters below are not imaginary and if you assume that they are alive and real people then you are right ;)

Type : Humor

Seems to be like a topic of an essay. ;) Wondering why I took this topic to write? I just want to revisit the memories of friends that I met during that phase. Dedicated to all of them. So that we all can connect with it as most of us have passed through this phase in life when hostel was our home away from home. My hostel memories are also very pleasant and wonderful. At that time my father used to take all the decisions as I am not shy to admit that I wasn't mature till then. So he decided my room partner. I remember meeting three people on the first day -Raju (he was nicknamed later by most of us) - last met hi in a Noida based company where I was also working, a typical Kanpur guy you can think of. His local friend - Sameer, now working in an IT company sent to Sydney for an onsite work. Last but not the least - Sanjeev. Sanjeev from Jhansi finally became my room partner.He was one in a million.Just keep it as secret by what I mean by this ;), because every one knows. "Hi! Sanjeev, how are you" (If you are reading this).One incident I still remember he supported me a lot when all other were pulling my legs. But  the question which is still unanswered is that who the Hell stole my wrist watch and Sanjeev's spectacles when we were sleeping that after noon.......? If any one of you can give me guesses I can lodge an FIR now for that theft which took in 2001-02....Just kidding!! Amit's 1st day in hostel was not very good - who waited a lot -hours for his room mate - Rahul (The shining genius, apart from the hidden one -Harish) to return from college with his luggage. Yaad aaya Amit?

Moving to other people whom I met -The Saharanpur Gang :: "Vikas-Arvind-Sumit"(combination of height and power). I can never forget that they had weekly passes to catch a train to Saharanpur every weekend after 5 or 6 days or classes got used to over and then get back to hostel by Monday morning. Vikas - he can get direct entry into "Ring Ka King" being aired these days on Colors channel. Who can forget that solid punch that the PGDBM guy got from him? ;) That night when on hostel's roof our seniors took our class and hostel was divided into PGDBM V/s MCA due to that punch which the other MBA guy received without any pleasure.
Alok - another person from Kanpur; popularly known as Golu by all of us was cute but every one would agree that his voice was very loud when he started shouting ; not to fight but just to gain attention.

People from Kanpur were of majority in our hostel; wonder why Kanpur people were so fond of this college only? ;-0 Sonu, Devendra, Brijesh, Jeetendra- a big fan of Anuj(day scholar) - Abhishek would definitely agree on this. Sonu's one dialogue is still fresh in my mind - "Bhak ########## kay" Very easy to decode the hashes if you have been a student ;). Avadesh - again from nearby Kanpur every one's biggest leg puller.

Abhinit -  the only single person with whom I shared my surname and because of whom I started writing blogs.But one thing I didnt liked about him was that he was very different from me.Why? He was intelligent(keeping Rahul above all), I wasn't ;). Rahul - all of his freinds were in IIT - we all wondered why he was not in IIT. He definitely was one of the main reasons for motivation for  Amit- his roomate to get charged up, get up early in the morning and keep studying.

Rishi and OM - one being our class representative and other one was famous for his Pajamas. The room mate duo -Upendra and Manbeer - Gorakhpur meets Dehradun. First one nicknamed as Dadda and the the other tried a lot to impress girls but now runs his own company.

My memory being very weak; can only remember this much, if missing out anyone just ignore or else what you can do - Nothing ;)

With Love,
Professor! ;)

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Anshul you should write about how to "safe" water bottle :-) you have so many ideas.

    You know why am I writing "safe"?

    Thanks Bro, for these hostel memories.

    ReplyDelete